Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to receive a service on a website. For example, cookies to operate online shopping baskets, or to comply with the law (e.g. such as to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using "strictly necessary" cookies.
• to help us to improve your experience of our websites;
• to ensure that our websites performs as you expect them to;
• to help us understand browsing habits on our websites;
• for internal record keeping;
• for product and service development;
• to answer your queries or complaints;
• to create statistical analysis of activity on our websites.
Except for strictly necessary cookies, each cookie will expire after expiry period specified in the table in "Cookies used on our websites" section below.
The following table lists the cookies that we use on our websites.
|Cookie Type||Description||Personal data||Lifespan||Cookie Name|
|[Strictly necessary]||Session identifier for applications using J2EE||Unique session ID for a member||1 year||JSESSIONID|
|[Strictly necessary]||Session ID for redundant application||Unique session ID for a member||7 days||AWSLAB|
|[Strictly necessary]||Internal identifier used to distinguish each Platform member.||Unique member ID||1 year||USER-ID|
|[Strictly necessary]||Increases the “lifespan” of your session if you choose the “Remember me” option when connecting.||Not applicable||1 year||REMEMBER-ME|
|[Strictly necessary]||Secures requests against CSRF attacks||Not applicable||1 year||X-CSRF-TOKEN|
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for our websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser's 'help' function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our websites. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our websites work.
Shibaura 1-2-1, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8005, Japan
Issue date: March 24th, 2020
Last updated on March 24th, 2020